Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Temperature Based Triggers  (Read 1276 times)

jmaleixo

• Helpful Rating: 0
Temperature Based Triggers
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »

Hello There

Can someone tell me how to set up "Temperature Based Triggers" because PPC can't have the current temperature !? when i can get it in "Settings and Options" -> "Weather & Forecaster Settings".

Thanks in advance

Josť Aleixo
Portugal

KENRAD

• PCC Tester
  • Helpful Rating: 4
Re: Temperature Based Triggers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:11:40 PM »

I use yahoo weather for my weather info, but if you are in portugal im not sure that it will work.  If you have the plug in pack you can use and program that will send data to a csv (comma separated value) file.  I use weather exchange from ambient weather.  Im not sure what the have to offer in your area but its worth a shot. But as I said before any weather program that saves data in a csv format can be used with weather watch in the plug in pack.

(Chr)KenRad
I have no clue how to do this but its a lot of fun trying.
Win 8.1, win 7 64 and 32 bit,
XTBR, CM15A, ZTroller
PCC, T.A.C ,HS3, Nitrogenlogic remote, Bluewatch(BT), Bluewatch(WIFI), all plug ins
Microsoft kinect,
Nitrogen logic depth controllers
Phillips Hue, Global Cache, Hyperion, Kodi

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Temperature Based Triggers
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »

Kendrad is right yahoo weather info from outside North America hasn't been coded in as yet.
The info is reported differently for those locations and it is one of thouse things that slipped by when I was improving the code. :-[
I believe I coded so PCC can use info from a CSV file just for temperature triggers, althought some how I missed adding the info to the manual.
I'll add both of these things to my to do list for fall programing.
Since I don't have the code here at the cottage I can't be exactly sure how to use the CSV file.
However I believe the file needs to be saved to the PCC logs folder as MyCSVfile.CSV.
If you have the Plugin pack multy triggers are possible not just temperature based ones from a CSV file.

Note: the personal weather station option using a CSV file doesn't work and will not save unless you have the plugin pack.
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]