Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Home automation configurations  (Read 1961 times)

kike

• Helpful Rating: 0
Home automation configurations
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:27:05 PM »

Hello,

I open this thread to share all. Basic information of your home automation system.
In my case I use the following ....

System based on AHP with "CM15Pro" "with a tablet android  at the entrance of the house on the wall to control with android app "Active Home Vista" by witgets on the screen.
The tablet also controls Winamp (running in windows XP) with the app android "aWARemote Pro" for playback of music and/or x10 system alerts through audio multi speaker system that is in every room of the house.

Server:
VirtualBox on Windows 8.1 running Windows XP.
In WinXP is installed: "AHP 3,316 EU version" + winamp player + clever.exe (winamp control by command line) + "aWARemote server" + "Home media service" (for control windows media player with app "remote for WMP") + Active Home Vista Server + Loquendo Director 7 (for creating playback files through AHP with the function "windows command").

Sensors.
Rain sensor, hot water temperature sensors, sensor overload electrical system, alarm sensors X10.

and that's all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:29:40 PM by kike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Home automation configurations
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:58:15 AM »

There is a section (HA Showcases ) in the Members Only area where members are encouraged to share their setups in more detail.
I have 2 setups (one in the city and one at an off grid location)
Both these are works in progress and constantly changing.
Both currently use the CM15 though that may change for the off grid location with the introduction of the new X10 Wi-Fi module.
Although both places have AHP 3.318 installed I use PCC for additional conveniences like Voice control, sound notifications, IP camera control and much more.
Off grid server is a HP thin Client
City server is either Win7 or 10 64bit (depends on which I'm developing with at the time).
I do have another PC capable of doing HA however since I'm always developing it makes sense to use the development PC

Since I have developed  several HA softwares over the last few years there are occasions when I put some of these other softwares and PCC plugins into action:
  • BlueWatch ( Bluetooth, Wi-Fi detector)
  • AlertDialer Plus ( land line phone Voice X10 controller (not VIOP compatible))
  • X10WeatherAlert (weather based X10 controller)
  • T.A.C. (Android x10 controller)
  • T.A.C.Eye (Android Camera monitor from PCC)
  • IRPilot (IR signal send receive with USBuirt)
  • X10SW ( X10 Security console alarm detector)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:01:50 AM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

kike

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »

Wow, it sounds good ... X10WeatherAlert plugin.
I'll have to make a hole to test pccompanion :),

Now I'm focused on eliminating the virtual machine with XP.
At the moment I'm trying AHP 3,316 on windows 8.1 in windows 7 compatibility mode .
So far it seems to work properly. fingers crossed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »

I found AHP to work best in a 32 bit environment, if using 64 bit Windows, 7 seems to perform the best for me.  In Windows 10 32 bit AHP works as well as it did for me in XP.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

kike

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »

I'll keep that in mind, thank you  :).
My system is 32-bit w8.1.
The problem is that a laptop is about 10 years, Acer aspire 5630  :-\ . 30 watts of consumption approx
I had many problems to find drivers in w8.1, if I put Windows 10 may have more problems.
I discovered something in w8.1 in power management "settings USB selective suspend", I am testing the effect, it may be a cause of USB disconnections and cause erratic operation. I put an image.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6gsz3CGpmMrMkR1aUpBYWxrWk0/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:06:55 PM by kike »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 07:22:24 PM »

I remember reading on another forum where that affected other USB devices which required steady connection for the software to work.
I believe it was for weather station reporting. ??? ::)
The good thing about moving to 10 as a upgrade is you can revert back to 8 if you experience issues or dislike it. Using the upgrade option should update the drivers as well.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

kike

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 01:44:26 AM »

I remember reading on another forum where that affected other USB devices which required steady connection for the software to work.
I believe it was for weather station reporting. ??? ::)
The good thing about moving to 10 as a upgrade is you can revert back to 8 if you experience issues or dislike it. Using the upgrade option should update the drivers as well.

In the end the problem was the module CM15pro :( that was broken .., I brought another.
Now I use W10 and AHP work fine, T .  :)

I think the temperature affects the module cm15pro and ends up failing. The new module I have it with cooling :).

I have embedded it in an ATX power supply for PC but I have emptied it and only use the fan. ;)

Brian H

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »

Depending on how old the CM15A interface was. Your new one could be different from the older one.
Your present one should be the later design. With surface mounted components and both the X10 RF Receiver and Transmitter on the main board. The earlier designed ones had more through hole components. Two separate daughter boards. X10 RF Receiver, X10 RF Transmitter.
The power supply maybe better also.
Pages: [1]