Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: CM15A Does not transmit RF?  (Read 901 times)

taflemer

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
CM15A Does not transmit RF?
« on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:03 AM »

I am thinking of locating a CM15A in an area where over-the-air RF signals would be missed.  This is OK by me.  I have searched forums and the manual and would like to confirm the CM15A does not transmit OTA RF.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: CM15A Does not transmit RF?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »

The Cm15 will transmit and receive RF.
However you can set it to not Tranceive any or all house codes this will of coarse make any X10 remote incapable of sending it commands as it will ignor them.

The signal it sends depends on what modules are configured in AHP, usualy it sends PLC unless it is sending to a transceiver.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

taflemer

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 12:00:24 PM »

Thanks, I think I asked the question backwards, but you got it.  I have been considering an application where a house and detached garage effectively have different power sources.  IE: filtering.  The idea is to use a RR501 to bridge the signal from house to garage.  A TM751 would give me enough codes on the garage side.

I am still not clear on X10 use of the term transceiver.  According to the manuals, the TM751 will receive a RF signal and convert to PLC.  Whereas a RR501 will go both ways.  I have used the TM751s to pick up RF from IR sensors and SS13a wall switches with good results.  Primarily because the RF from these units do not pass through brick walls very well and therefore the one CM15A does not see them.

Part two, I purchased a Winbook TW802 tablet.  It has a full size USB port, mini HMDI, and is low cost.   The last year, I have been using it as a desktop with a TV and USB keyboard/mouse.  The plan has been to push the Winbook into service with AHP.  Would be nice to mount the TW802 and CM15A on a board with the wires all dressed, but I need to think through the RF part.

Appreciate your helpfulness here.  Thanks again.

Brian H

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »

The RR501 does not send an RF X10 signal when it is receiving a Power Line Command from another controller. The internal appliance switch in it can be controlled by either a RF or Power Line Command to its address. The power line receiver in it also makes it polite. If it see another X10 power line command it waits until the power line is clear. Then sends the RF command it received to the power line.

The TM751 has no power line receiver in it and just sends the power line command from the RF one it was processing. So it can step on another X10 power line command and corrupt it. Its internal appliance switch can only be controlled by an RF command.
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding