Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Looking for X10 Software to run specific components  (Read 1483 times)

iamtheghost

• Helpful Rating: 0
Looking for X10 Software to run specific components
« on: November 19, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »

Hello all. I got a really good deal on lots of X10 gear and I've come to realize that since the company x10 shut down their servers, many of the accompanying software titles are unavailable. I've searched far and wide for the software to use a lot of the components I have and to no avail.

Here are some of the items I have that require software that is currently unavailable:

• Lola Remote Music System
    Ninja Pan and Tilt Cameras
    x10 Wired & Wireless cameras
    Speaker Driver System

The list goes on but you get the idea. This stuff is basically useless to me unless I find software that will allow me to use these devices. I managed to find an installer for Xray Vision, so I can use one camera and view it remotely via remote desktop but I'd like to find a web server application to run all of the cameras plus allows me to operate the Pan and Tilt cameras remotely. Further, I'd really like to use the speaker driver kit and Lola remote music system, but I have no idea where to even begin finding software that will work with these units.

If anyone has an ideas or even the .exe installers, you would make me forever grateful.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Looking for X10 Software to run specific components
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

Chances of you getting old X10WTI software may be possible but these most likely will require a registration.
I have put together a installer for AHP which will help with camera viewing and security.
However you'll need AHP lifejacket to get them to think they are registered.
I continue to play with the registration so it may be possible down the road that you could get all plugins thinking they are registered with the default info.
This would allow remote viewing.

There are also other third party soft wares that will work with your cameras and other X10 stuff.
Have you looked at my PC Companion?
You can use your Lola remote with it though not to the degree you most likely wish.
You can also use your ninja pan & tilt and view cameras with it.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

iamtheghost

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »

Hey Tuicemen,

Thanks for chiming in. I'll try out your software and see if it will work for me. More or less, I just want to get this stuff working in some way or another so I can make it worth my money.

What does your home automation server look like? What OS are you running? What about software other than AHP? Can software like MultiView or Vanguard still be used? I'm pretty adept with VB/C++; I could probably forgo the registering queries until X10 decides to bring their servers back but I doubt that will ever happen now.

Send anymore info my way and I'll owe you big time.

(Chr)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »

PC Companion will not allow remote viewing however you can send X10 commands over the internet using the included X10relayer.
PC companion will run on XP and above I'm currently running Windows 10 on all PCs.
The registration nags can be stopped with AHP Lifejacket.

I know a registration server can be made. one user did it how ever they attempted to charge users for the software which they didn't own an were shut down.
Authinx (the new X10) did approach them about AHP however they didn't respond.
Some of the info is posted in the threads on registering and moving AHP on this forum.
I also have most of the info needed.

Since your experienced in C++ you maybe interested in working with X10 in resurrecting AHP. They wish to release a new version with all plugins and for it all to be free.
I know they are looking for a developer to do this however I don't expect they are willing to pay much.

Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »

I found a Lola Software  installer on a old drive.
I'm not sure if it requires registration but I'll put it up shortly and post the link. ;>

Ok looks like this is just a sub installer not the full installer, it looks for the X10 server so it is useless. (cB)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:53:25 PM by Tuicemen »
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

iamtheghost

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »

Thanks so much for trying, Tuicemen. I really appreciate it. I emailed tech support but I know that will probably amount to nothing. Again, thank you for trying. I really appreciate it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 08:22:42 AM »

The Old X10WTI came out with a small app around the time of the X10 Icon remote.
which like PC Companion allowed you to use the extra RF commands available on a X10 remote like the Lola remote.
The difference was it allowed you to control windows media player.
I know I have this exe on one of my PCs so I'll experiment and see if a simple move to another PC will work.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding