Tuicemens

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Windows 10 CM15A Drivers  (Read 7318 times)

Mike

• Helpful Rating: 0
Windows 10 CM15A Drivers
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has got AHP to work with Windows 10.  I have version 3.318 running successfully on my old Dell laptop running Vista, with Active Phone.  However AHP loads and I can control devices through the CM15A, But cannot get timers to download to the CM15A. My usb driver in Windows 10 and Vista are both 6.0.0.242.  Does anyone have Driver that work with Windows 10? or do I have other problem?
Also would like to thank Tuicemen for Version 3.318 and AHPLifejacket.

neverhappy

Re: Windows 10 CM15A Drivers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Running fine for me on Windows 10 with AHP and CM15A. It's been working on windows 10 for about two weeks now. I left it plugged in and windows must have found the right driver. 6.0.0.242. Driver install info: Driver Management concluded the process to install driver x10ufx64.inf_amd64_3d4e171570e51ee4\x10ufx64.inf for Device Instance ID USB\VID_0BC7&PID_0001\7&33FC6D4C&0&2 with the following status: 0x0.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »

Also would like to thank Tuicemen for Version 3.318 and AHPLifejacket.
I'm just glad everyone is able to use it  however the real thanks needs to be given to Authinx for allowing me to do it and publicly releasing it.

I also have AHP running in Windows 10 preview with PCC companion and some other of my creations.
As soon as I discovered Microsoft planed to give this away free I felt I had to test them to be sure they worked.
I've yet to update my Windows 7 & 8 machines to the final release of 10.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

vellecadp

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:24:09 PM »

I am running AHP on a new 64 bit Windows 10 machine as my old Win 7 machine has faded into the sunset. 

Driver for the CM15 was found as - X10ufx2.sys

Everything is running fine so far but still need the install the LifeJacket to get my add-ons to register (especially the smart macros).  It has been running for about 4 days now with various timing running ok.  Only thing that I have noticed is one of my lights controlled by an appliance module is not working properly.  I just changed it to a LM465 (old version) and changed it in AHP to see if it will work better.

Dennis 

oklake

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »

I had Active Home Pro installed and working on Windows 7 Pro - 64bit Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz with 4 GB Ram.  Then I installed Windows 10 and my Active Home Pro software starts up but Device Manager does not recognize either the CM15a or the VA12A. Installed is driver. 6.0.0.242 for the CM15a.  I have not yet tried to reinstall the VA12a but I did reinstall the CM15a and now it says X10 USB ActiveHome (ACPI-compliant) in Device Manager.  AT first Device Manager showed Unknown USB Device (Descriptor Request Failed) for both the CM15a and the VA12a.  Anyone have any ideas why I can't get mine to work with Windows 10?  Should I reinstall everything?  My plugins are all installed and registered from Windows 7 still.  I have the X10 original software saved on my computer from long time ago.  I have floodcams and the remotes won't even work anymore?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:43:35 PM by oklake »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »

There were issues with the va12a x10 WTI rushed out a va13a however there are so few of these out there I don't know if they work any better.
My VA12 bit the dust (Windows on multi PCs say the usb device is bad)
You should try and reinstall the driver since windows missed catching the cm15 driver it is possible it just missed it as well.
Do not try to reinstall AHP from files you have saved from long ago as they are not full installers, only boot straps and try to get the software from the nonexistent servers ,they'll fail.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

oklake

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 06:11:52 PM »

My CM15a is still not installed correctly because there is a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager so it is not working either.  I guess my only option is to try and reinstall the CM15a driver again and if that doesn't work maybe uninstall everything and try Tuicemens method with lifejacket if my old files are useless now.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »

If you can leave your PC on with no power management configured (Windows running) Windows may eventually find the driver.
Also How are you attempting to install the drivers?
Authinx has a USB driver installer which should do both.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

DavidW

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »

I'm wondering if Mike got the answer to his original question. I am running AHP 3.318 and a CM15A in Windows 10. I tried the AHP from the X10 website and it would not run so I went back to AH 3.318 that I got from a link on this site. Driver was 6.0.0.210. I can control modules etc directly with remotes and laptop but I can't get timers and modules to download and work. AHP says they downloaded but nothing happens even with laptop on and they are not in activity monitor. Upgraded driver to 6.0.0.242. Still no timer downloads. Everything was working up until last week so timers have worked recently. I notice that the AHP loads the CM15A drivers. I also have AHDSK loaded. Do I need it? Is it solving problems, causing problems or just benign. Ideas please!! Help.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

The AHP download and the one here are the same.
The SDK is included with the AHP installer I put together however if you had the old SDK installed prior that could be the issue.
the old AHP (first version) SDK used a different ahscript then what AHP now uses the case for house codes were reversed so they get ignored.
I don't like to recommend a uninstall and reinstall but since you had the marmitek version also it would be a good Idea to start fresh.

Also I'm seeing a lot of issues with Win 10 and read/write permissions which you may wish to look into as well for the AHP folder.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

DavidW

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »

Well I guess I was actually using an "older" version called Unregistered_AHP. Tuicemen Software and it's 3.318. The version from the AHP site downloads but won't start. "AHP has stopped working". Tried with and without AHDSK. AHDSK seems to repeat elements of AHP just in a different folder - drivers for interfaces etc. Your 3.318 went through a lot more steps loading and worked!! Except I can't download timers and modules and it forgets it is connected to the CM15A. Interface greys (I'm Canadian) out. If AHP is restarted all is fine. Maybe comms are lost when laptop sleeps.

Tried the Uninstall/Reinstall many times. AHP has trouble Uninstalling. I wonder if I have some residual junks that's not getting cleared out? I have also seen a X10Nets error (or something like that) (DH)

Tried the Marmitek version and of course that's all European modules.

If I could get your 3.318 to download timers to the CM15A I'd be a happy man.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

the problem with AHP failing to start is a file that doesn't get removed with a uninstall called X10activex.xml found in C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings if you delete it or rename it AHP should start
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

DavidW

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 06:34:53 PM »

Thanks. Tried a clean install on a desktop that had never seen AHP. Loaded and opened fine. But could not control modules. Downloaded AHDSK and then AHP gets into that error mode. Will try removing that file and see what happens. Do I need AHDSK?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:55 PM »

No, the SDK isn't needed for AHP to work.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

DavidW

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 07:02:46 PM »

So maybe there's another file jamming things up. Removed the X10activeex.html and AHP is still stuck. Screenshots attached.

Any suggestions of more junk I can remove?

X10 has a new owner? He must have his hands full.
Pages: [1] 2