Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Problem with latest upgrade  (Read 1393 times)

IPS

• Beta Tester
  • Helpful Rating: 0
Problem with latest upgrade
« on: June 13, 2015, 10:57:15 PM »

Last week I down loaded the latest update of PCC. Since then at start up a message pops up saying PCC has to shut down due to some error and gives a choice to inform Microsoft or not. Incidentally same happens with AHP. I don't think the two are related but started happening about the same time. Exception being that AHP works for a while and then the message pops up while PCC does not even start.
Both apps are on PC with XP pro System and have been working for few years. Nothing new has been added.
Would greatly appreciate any help.

IPS

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Problem with latest upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »

AHP isn't my application I only created a new way of installing and registering it.
this doesn't change the actual program.
However I've noticed many things that will affect that program these all stop the program from running at all.
the most common being a corrupt x10active.xml file found in C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings

Since your issue involves two programs  with the only commonality being X10nets.
it is most likely that. You don't state which version of AHP your running or what version of PCC you updated from.
X10 changed the code (can't remember version this happened)for the SDK and affected the way thirdparty software communicated x10 signals.
Try renaming the Mysettings.xml file in the PCC folder then see if PCC will start.
Some times this file will get corrupt as well usually with a bad full install.
I haven't heard of a update causing this but it is possible.

Since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft I also have dropped support for it.
I no longer have a PC running that OS.

You should look at moving to Windows 7 or higher as of July 2015 Windows 10 will be available as a free upgrade to anyone running Windows 7 or newer.
This OS in 32 bit as well as 7 and 8 32 bit will run on most PCs running XP and a new PC isn't required.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

IPS

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »

Thanks  Mr. T.
I am running AHP 3.318 and was running 4.04 of PCC upgraded to 4.05 build.
I have AHP 3.318 also on my laptop running Window 7. And I was planning to retire PC and use laptop instead. But for the last month am having internet problems. Bell has replaced the modem to Hub 1000 but are not willing to connect me to Fiber even though the cable runs on the other side. Of the road. In fact bell I not connecting any body in my neighbourhood  to Fiber. I am not able to find out the reason.
I will try your suggestions and will get back to you.

IPS

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »

For AHP I open a saved file and all is back on line again. Will do PCC in a day or so.
Thanks again for your help.

IPS (Chr)
Pages: [1]