Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: CM15A alternative?  (Read 2485 times)

wsvOiP0

• Helpful Rating: 0
CM15A alternative?
« on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:47 AM »

I'm adding a water sensor to my X10 system (I'll post about it separately shortly).  The way I have it right now relies on a powerline signal from a UM506.  My existing system is built around a CM19A and works beautifully.   ~:0~

I bought a CM15A to detect the powerline signal from the water sensor and generate an email.  I thought that would scratch the itch, but I'm now having reliability problems with things that used to work beautifully  (CZB) (I'm now running 3.318).

Before trying more to solve the problems, is there another/better way to get my CM19A to find out about the powerline signal from the UM506?  Is there a different device similar to a UM506 that would generate it's own RF signal?

Thanks,

G

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: CM15A alternative?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »

Have you tried other software?
Many like myself use a door window security sensor for a water sensor.
These transmit a Security RF signal which a Cm19 will see. Also when things that were running fine suddenly start to have reliability issues means a new electronic device has being added.
You may wish to check out some of Jeffs threads  on PLC/RF reliability @ JVDE X10 Forum
Jeff also has some hardware for improving X10 reliability.
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:53:03 AM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Brian H

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »

The UM506 is a dry contact relay output module. Controlled by an X10 power line command.
Are you maybe using an X10 PF284 or X10Pro PSC01 Powerflash module? It takes a low voltage or dry contact input and sends an X10 power line command.
X10 does sell a security water sensor. WD13A.

I would second the looking at Jeff's Troubleshooting Tutorials. As it sounds like you may have signal issues to the CM15A's location.

wsvOiP0

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:04 AM »

Thanks for the responses and ideas!  Everything has been working so well for so long that I really hadn't looked to make big changes.  I crazily thought this was more of a tweak to a good set up so I could add the water sensor capability. (CZB)  I'll probably take a shot with the door window security sensor before digging deeper.

Brian, thanks for the response and question.  I'm not using UM506 -- it's the x10Pro PSC01 Powerflash.  The power line signal is why I was trying the CM15A.

Jonathan

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »

I'm looking for a way to use AHP or some other software to create timers and load them into a CM15A that will run under Windows 8.1 Pro on a multicore x86_64 laptop. If you know how, _Please_ tell me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:12 AM »

I'm looking for a way to use AHP or some other software to create timers and load them into a CM15A that will run under Windows 8.1 Pro on a multicore x86_64 laptop. If you know how, _Please_ tell me.
Currently AHP is the only method of loading timers and or macros to the CM15.
AHP will run on a Windows 8.1 pro system so you can install the 3.319 version using the installer I created.
This will give you a unregistered version.
Using AHP Lifejacket you can register AHP and get SmartMacros, OnAlert, Myhouse Online and iWatchout registered without any additional info needed.
If you wish to have all plugins you will need to supply additional info to Lifejacket.
See the AHP Lifejacket Thread for more details and the link to the free utility
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »

Thanks very much. My working PC died before I bought my Windows 8.1 laptop, so I don't have any of my x10 files but the old AHP version 3.1.16 setup. Also, I'm a newbie, so I'll need links for all the files needed for your tools. It will also be a huge help if you send me a link to the AHP version 3.1.19 setup if your tools won't work with 3.1.16.
TIA
Jonathan

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »

AHP Lifejacket should work with any version of AHP. However I never tested which such a old version.
The installer I created for 3.318 can be found here: http://www.x10.com/activehome.html
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Jonathan

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »

Thanks very much. I downloaded and installed AHP 3.318 with no difficulty, and it runs! Will you please also give me a link to AHP Lifejacket?
TIA
Jonathan

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »

If you read the AHP Lifejacket thread (link posted above), Particularly post #53 you'll find the link!
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]