Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ideas for new X10 hardware?  (Read 1400 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Ideas for new X10 hardware?
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »

The new owners of X10 seem to be interested in new ideas for devices to pitch to the manufacturer. There is a meeting of the two scheduled for Dec 2014 if anyone has any ideas they'd like me to pass along feel free to post.
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Ideas for new X10 hardware?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »

Here is a small list of devices and Ideas I've submitted thus far:
1: A smoke detector to interface with security consoles and or send standard x10 RF signals.

2: A small project module similar to the door window sensors or universal module but RF which runs on batteries two way would be better so it could be used to send and or receive.
Many users are very creative and this may lead to a expansion of Home Automation product ideas.

4: A new USB video input device that works with the newer Operating systems the va12 and va13a had limited runs the Va11a don't work on newer Windows Operating systems.

5: All new modules to be two way devices capable of sending status as other protocols have gone this way.

6: A simple heat only thermostat that excepted x10 on/off commands as well as responded to a status request.
The market is flooded with programmable thermostats so a programmable wouldn't be feasible

7: A motion sensing sound module that worked like the Robo barking dog programmable with a few different sound files or option to add a custom one.  Having it send a security RF signal would allow it to trip the consoles alarm as well

8: A small wall mountable touch screen that sent and received standard and security RF signals
No timer or macro settings built in. This could be battery operated to avoid wires but have option for a power adaptor.

9: A wearable class 1 Bluetooth device (Class1 for the range) that communicated with a class 1 module to send a programmable x10 signal when seen. The wearable could be a wrist band, watch, pin or clip on
Module and wearable could be sold separately allowing many modules to work with one wearable or many wearable to work with one module.
Also allowing the module and or wearable range to be adjusted down to a class 4 would give more flexibility in usage.

10: A new universal programmable icon remote that sent and received RF standard X10 and security signals as well as send IR signals .

11: This is an expansion on idea # 9 However there  is nothing like it currently out there I've seen.
 A wearable class 1 Bluetooth microphone/speaker pin similar to that uses in the newer star trek series.
This could be rechargeable similar to some headsets with a USB adaptor.
 This could work with cell phones as well I don't like using any of the head sets currently available.

12: A remake of the motion activated outdoor lights maybe with LED lights embedded and a modern look.

13: LED light bulbs controllable with X10 RF OR PLC There are several Wi-Fi versions out there some use a controller to convert Wi-Fi to RF or blue tooth why not X10?

14: A module with a built in digital power meter to monitor consumption a reset button could be added to reset to zero

15: Rechargeable battery operated wall mountable LED lights that responded to x10 RF signals
 These could be sold with a power charge plug or solar panel charger.
 Idea for locations with out a power outlet or for emergency lighting.
 Making them water tight would expand the usage

16: Solar powered motion sensor programmable to  send regular X10 RF signals or x10 security signals.

17: A temperature sensor that could be programed to send a X10 signal for high and low temp (maybe on at low off at high temp) if this had the option for a wired probe it could be used for water(pools/hot tubs) or the BBQ

18: A module that would convert X10 to another protocol maybe Bluetooth, Zwave or selectable for different ones.
This way you could capitalize on new products other protocols put out or are already available.

19: A carbon monoxide detector that sends a RF signal this could be combined with suggestion #1 the smoke detector.

20: Solar powered Power horn for the security modules a special module would be needed to send the RF signals the module could trip with a all lights on all units off signal which all consoles already send.

I'll update the list as I submit new ideas  ;>
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Knightrider

• Programmer
  • Helpful Rating: 5
  • Home Automator since 1988
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »

The old VCR rabbit. The ir to rf to ir thingie.
Tuicemen Software picks up where AHP left off!

Satisfied BVC user since November 2007

Proud Supporter of Xenia Kids and Robots. 
Introducing kids to high technology and teamwork since 2009.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »

The old VCR rabbit. The ir to rf to ir thingie.
Thanks I'll forward this Idea maybe they can improve on the old one like they did for the RF repeater.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

stefbois

• Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »

Any interface to build around the Arduino or Raspberry Pi would be great
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding