Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Donations usage.  (Read 1294 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Donations usage.
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »

Money from donations go towards paying to keep this forum up and running as well as towards software development for the specific software one donates for.
I actually lose money with this as this can't cover all costs.
My time developing and supporting software is done without payment.
Since I'm now retired I'm on a fixed income and can't continue to lose money on these undertakings.

Some have asked  how to just make a donation for the forum so I've created a special link for that.
If you wish to off set some of the costs of maintaining this forum I've now created a draw so donators have a chance at winning a X10 hardware device see: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=922.0
Note: Moneys from this will only be used to help off set the cost of maintaining the service provider and forum.

The renewal for the web site hosting and such is due each November.
Once I can no longer support this cost the forum will vanish as will new development for any software. :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:44:31 PM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Donations usage.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »

Some facts:
Though I offer all my creations as shareware/freeware unlimited try before you buy, some creations have never received a cent in donations.

AlertDialer created in 2005 cost: $250 + time,  Donations: No

AlertDialer Plus created in 2007   cost: time, Purchases : yes (not enough to cover initial outlay for AlertDialer)

X10WavPlayer created in 2006 cost: time, Donations: No

PcCompanion created in 2008 cost: $100 and climbing + time, Donations : Yes

PCC plugins (currently consisting of 9 small apps) created shortly after PCC Cost: $150 and climbing + time Donations: Yes (enough to cover hardware expenses )

X10Relayer created (?) Cost: time  Donations: since it is distributed with most of my software I'll say Yes

Bluewatch (Bluetooth Version) created 2009 Cost: $150 + time  Donations: Yes (covered initial cost)

Bluewatch (wifi) created 2011 Cost: time  Donations: since it is distributed with the blue tooth I'll say yes.

T.A.C. created 2012 cost $150 + time, Donations: No

AHP Lifejacket created 2014 cost: time, Donations: No

If I were to put a value on my time spent on each many of you couldn't afford these.

To date: I have had 8 donations towards extending the time this forum stays online sadly it only puts a small dent in the costs.
If you have benefited from any of my creations please donate to keep this forum  using the link in the first post of this thread!
 (Chr)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:18:35 AM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]