Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: About splinker with x10  (Read 2416 times)

mikeeps2

• Helpful Rating: 0
About splinker with x10
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:42:02 PM »

hi for all

I would like to add to my program some splinker system that works with x10, I watched about the EZFLORA and Rain8, which would be easier to work?
would like to connect this system to x10, as to the commands, if they know any code to add it to my program

thanks

Brian H

Re: About splinker with x10
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »

One thing you should check for if you go with the Rain8.
It uses an X10 power line interface. X10 TW523, X10Pro PSC05, JV Digital Engineering XTB523 or a Smarthome 1132B.

I believe only the XTB523 is easily found. The PSC05, TW523 and 1132B all seem to be discontinued.

I will check my information on the EZFlora as some of its settings have to be done with their free Smartenit Utility Program. That needs an Insteon PLM,PLC or their EZServe/EZBridge to interface to the power lines. When run.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:35:17 PM by Brian H »

mikeeps2

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:25 PM »

hi brian, something I can not understand how works the X10 power line interface, as configured? power line interface that uses unit and house as the other modules? or sent as commands, and if so are others as modules or as they are?

or the Rain8 that is configured for x10, where is information about that?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:37:51 PM by mikeeps2 »

Brian H

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 06:42:41 AM »

The Rain8 does not use the House and Unit Code wheels like other X10 devices.
You use their free software through a serial port to program the wanted X10 addresses and default off times if the off signal is missed into the unit. After programming the serial port is not needed.
The power line interface then connects the Rain8 to the power lines. It processes all 256 X10 addresses and passes the commands to the Rain8. The Rain8 uses the commands it is programmed to and ignores any other commands.

You can find more information on the Rain8 on the WGL web site.
http://www.wgldesigns.com/rain8.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:50:07 AM by Brian H »

mikeeps2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 10:52:03 AM »

Let me see if I understood, so I was reading and my English is not good, with the free program, is assigned to letter Rain8 house, using 1-8 on the unit, once you have done this, and is the Rain8 saved this info in, and entirely by the X10 power line interface, the command is sent to on / off with the house previously assigned in Rain8, right?

eg I assign to the program letter G, then would use G1, G2, G3 to G8, then when I connect X10 power line interface, either the X10 TW523, X10Pro PSC05, JV Digital Engineering XTB523 or at Smarthome 1132b., all work equally correct? ... with my program and through me choose the letters assigned eg G1, I give the turn on command like a lamp module x10, passed THROUGH the power line interface to Rain8, and there worn the G1, right?

two questions, once you assigned the house within the Rain8, can be changed in the future by another letter house?

and the other saw the little program that has a configuration option that says disable timers default, if I put the check mark in the option, I removed the internal timer of Rain8 and use my own timer, can you? is that I have a timer in my program, that I can set a time to turn on and turn off an hour

more doubt, after this all that set, commands turn on / turn off, basically would be the same as if you were using a lamp module or switch to x10?

ah I forgot, I saw several models in the ad, which is being used, the Rain8, Rain8 II, Rain8 net
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:58:59 AM by mikeeps2 »

Brian H

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »

The House Code and your choice of Units 1-8 or 9-16. Is stored in the Rain8.
The default timer values. Can be used to automatically turn the zone off as it timed out.
It is also a safety feature. If for some reason the Off command to the zone was missed.
It would not sprinkle for an extended time.
You can turn the timer off and control it completely with X10 commands if you are confident the X10 signals are reliable.

After the Rain8 is setup. You then connect it to the X10 interface and control the zones with an On and Off command to the zones X10 address.

You should be able to run the configuration program again on the Rain8 and change the House Code or Units 1-8 or 9-16 at a later time.

mikeeps2

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »

oh me and clear many things about Rain8

but which is the right to use the Rain8, Rain8II or Rain8net?

and time, could use both timers, mine and the Rain8?
for example if I put mine to turn on 8:00 pm and turn off  8:03 pm, and the time I put Rain8 4 minutes, if in case that fails turn off my time, time off the Rain8 be activated, correct?

always put 1 minute more while in Rain8
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:38:09 PM by mikeeps2 »

Brian H

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »

Rain8 was the original unit.

Rain8II replaced it and it has two way communications.

Rain8net is not what you want.

I would look for a Rain8II or make sure it is the Rain8II as some vendors may still call it a Rain8

The way I read the manual. If you have the safety timer at four minutes and you turn it On for three minutes and then Off. It works fine. If the Off is missed it goes off after the extra minute that the timer was set to.
Pages: [1]