Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Improving Voice recognition  (Read 2226 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Improving Voice recognition
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:58:05 AM »

There are several ways to control PCC via voice.
Many have been using WSR Macros for some time. I myself used this until VR was introduced into PCC 4.
No mater how you have been using VR running the microphone training and Voice training is a must.

1: Running the voice training extra times greatly improves recognition.
However you'll still get false recognition.

2: While looking over documentation for the Microsoft Kinects sensor I found changing your recognition Phrase to something unique or something that didn't sound like anything else helped to reduce false recognition.

3: Speak in the direction of the microphone so placement of this is also key
The Kinects has some extras built in since it has a microphone array of 4 microphones and allows it to detect where the sound is coming from.
This may also help with false detection though some of that would need to be programed into the software.

4: Still users need to remember when adding user commands or devices they wish to control with voice to keep those also as unique as possible and not to have it similar to another device or user command.

5: Keep back ground noise low a TV on will all most always get recognized and trigger unwanted responses

6: Use the newest Version of windows available to you.
XP is set to be none supported in summer of 2014.
Windows 7 VR is 50% better then XP and windows 8 50% better then 7

7: Use a good quality microphone.
Since adding a Kinects Sensor into my setup false recognition has been reduced greatly  `:)

I intend to add special Voice recognition for the Kinects which should reduce false detection to almost none existent.
How much of an impact this will have on the other microphones users have remains to be seen.
I don't expect this to improve recognition for a regular microphone as the Kinect requires a bit different code to take advantage of its technology.
But there is the possibility ;>
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Improving Voice recognition
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:41:39 AM »

PCC VR is far from perfect however I've some new code added in for version 4.0.4.5 which will make it a little less robotic like and more like talking to a real person.
You will still need to use the recognition Phrase but you will no longer need to say it then wait for PCC to acknowledge you before you say the command.

I've also found using two words for the Recognition Phrase helps with false  recognition.
My wife Has always called the face sets I use as Barbie girl so I now use that as my recognition phrase. (RoFL)
 (RoFL)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »

Since I hooked up a Kinect VR improved.
Today I did a little more VR training with the kinects hooked up (Windows 7) and WOW!  :o
Just as good as Windows 8.1 if not better. `:) ~:0~
So I suspect any time you upgrade your microphone a training session with the new microphone will show dramatic results.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:16:39 AM »

As I continue to play with a Kinects I'm finding other things to improve reliability. ~:0~
As stated in the Windows speech recognition panel under set up microphone.
Placement or aiming is key, tilting the Kinects so it is aimed directly at where most commands will come from helps.

Note: The Kinects has small gears to tilt up and down. The camera should only be tilted via software as moving by hand will damage these. PCC (4.0.4.6) will have this ability.

The Kinects also has a wide angle for witch it can detect sound.
I'm currently looking at narrowing this with PCC for better accuracy.
As well there are some other things Software code wise I'm looking at adding.
Currently I have the confidence set high, I'll see about making this user adjustable.
 (Chr)

Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding