Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: what one  (Read 2605 times)

thor361

• Helpful Rating: 0
what one
« on: November 20, 2012, 07:32:22 PM »

im new here and new to this hole thing so trying to learn as i go. so that being said I need help in what I need, this is my plan
I want to control my lights by talking to my  house in all my rooms, dont want it to talking in a room im not in so i was looking at the ClearOne XAP800 do do the mic and speakers. unless some one know of somthing better.
I would like to have it tell me the weather and alerts.
dont need it to work with any phones or anything like that.
want to add securty to down the road.
im trying to use must of the x-10 light and lamp stuff.
i got an older x-10 system I was going to buy the pro but they keep telling me they were out of stock on somthing and it would be in next week, I got fed up hearing that so just got an old setup. know for the big and most important thing i have to ask. In the past i saw that pcc had to work with bvc is that true today. will it do everything that bvc will do. I sent bill an email about an month ago and never heard back just asking how it did to hall2000. So long story short i want to know it i can get pcc basic or do i need the best  one they offer. I want to run just one so will it do everthing i need it to do. what other thing do i need with it. thank you for your help

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: what one
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »

PCC was originaly created to add options that AHP didn't have.
At the time BVC was in development and I saw no need to add voice control to PCC.
PCC will work with BVC ias well as other voice activation software.
If you have Vista or Windows 7 you can use WSR Macros! (Windows Speech Recognition Macros)

See the Add Voice Recognition to PCC thread

The basic trial PCC will work for you providing you don't mind the donation nags.
If you don't wish the Pluggin pack you can always get it later if the need a rises
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

thor361

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »

ok I was working on setting this hole thing up. I have a cm11a and down  load the new software to make it work from com1 the pro. and then was run ihouse., everything was working good then all went south. it would work for about 5min then it like losses com1 and wont talk to the cm11 and then ihouse wont hear me anymore i reboot and it all works good for like 5min and then does it again. Im not sure if my cm11 is going bad but i dont think rebooting would make it work a few times then lose it. anyone have this. I was going to start getting pcc working but having a hard time working through that more on that later, need to see why this is going on. by the way this was a down load that i have not payed for yet was making sure it all worked before buying, im not sure if there is a time limit before it stops working. thanks for the help all so im on win7

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »

What is the download that is not payed for yet? AHP?
I doubt Ihouse or PCC would cause this.
It maybe a Windows thing with serialports or are you using a USB converter?
Not many here use a CM11, if your using ActiveHomePro you might try a question on their forum  as there are more users there familar with the cm11.

If you don't have AHP then you may need the SDK to give you the needed drivers.

(Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

thor361

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »

ITS THE ActiveHomePro THAT I HAVE NOT PAYED FOR.it was just like one day this all started to happen. everything was doing good then it started doing this and its like com1 is lost im not using a usb. i just cannt think it would be that because rebooting should not fix it im just not sure if ActiveHomePro is mad because i havent bought it yet but know i dont want to if it wont fix it. will pcc run my x10 with out having that. will it run the cm11 not hooked to a usb i never got one because no one could say this one works they just say try it and see. thanks for your help

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »

I doubt AHP not being registered would affect the com port.
However it is aqlways possible.
Try installing the SDK and see if it helps if not it is the serial port and Windows.
I have the same issues with a USB modem it will work fine for a while then stops a reboot fixes it.
Serial to USB converters are cheep to try, under $10.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

thor361

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »

I just didnt know if there was a time line that i had to do it when i down loaded it they never said when I had to do it. Im thinking its the comuter that is doing it because the older software does it to. was just checking if there was somthing i was overlooking on this. hoping that my cm11 was not going out yet. what one would you say to use I was going to buy a hole new set up but when i talked to x10 they said they were out of stock on somthing and it would be the next week when it would be in. so I checked with them like 2 weeks later and everytime i ask  on there chat they just stop chatting. so i got pissed and got an older one on ebay and just said i could allways upgrade if need to. one other thing i down loaded the trial of pcc and when i go to set it up it keeps telling me cannt save recheck your settings is there somthing that i have to do to get it to save. thanks for your help

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »

X10 has a limited run of cm15 available now http://www.x10.com/promotions/cm15a_complete_new_2012.html?feat6
when PCC states it can't save there usualy is a setting miss mach in the silent time settings usualy trying to save again it ignors this issue and resets thouse values to the defalt.
I'll have a look at the code to see if there  maybe something else.
I assume you have the latest version 3.1.3.1
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding