Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Two Alexa Dots - one discovers devices other does not  (Read 835 times)

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
Two Alexa Dots - one discovers devices other does not
« on: December 01, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »

I have had the Alex 10 / HA Bridge setup running for quite a while with no issues.

I have been working on my Christmas Light setup and found a problem today where one of my Echo Dots is able to discover devices just fine and the other one finds nothing on the HA Bridge.

I have two different amazon accounts (each one is linked to a single Harmony Hub - there is a limitation where only one harmony hub can be linked to n Amazon account).

This setup has been working with no issues (with the exception of some occasional interference with the x10 devices themselves).

No clue why this started becoming an issue today.  I did update Java recently, but I followed the steps in a separate post here to delete the Firewall Inbound Rules for Java and then rebooted, launched Alex10 again, tried once more then tried rebooting and still nothing.

I have deleted the devices from the one Alexa account and tried discovering them on the other with no luck either.  I can find them no problems still on the same account.

Puzzled on what may have changed or what may be causing this now.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
Re: Two Alexa Dots - one discovers devices other does not
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »

So I have been trying to think of things that have changed on my network recently.  I did add another wireless access point, but its the same SSID and same network - didn't think that would be an issue though.

I looked and saw a newer version of the HA Bridge was released = 5.2.2 RC2 and I had been running 5.2.

So I updated that and tried again - still nothing.  Rebooted, tried again still nothing.

So I moved the Alexa Dot that was not discovering to the basement next to the one that was.  Tried it again and success - now both, again, have the correct devices listed under Smart Home.

Not sure if it was the network, or perhaps simply unplugging the dot and replugging it in did the trick but both units now reflect the same list of devices (with the known exception of the Harmony Hug specific to each).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Two Alexa Dots - one discovers devices other does not
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:44:30 AM »

Glad you got it figured out.
The unplug wait then plug back in routine has been mentioned on other sites so simply that may have fixed the issue.
I've not had a chance to test the latest RC build of HA-Bridge and since it is a RC build there still maybe some issues with it.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]