Tuicemens

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is the Pi X10Hub?  (Read 1217 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: What is the Pi X10Hub?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 08:54:37 AM »

I realize some may have an older pi laying around or wish to use a more powerful Pi Board like the 3B+. The current image is for the pi Zero W only! However I do have a 2.0 version which I've created to install in any Pi board that will handle Raspbian stretch lite. This has no customization done to HomeGenie and no Ha bridge.
Alexa control is now done with a downloadable HomeGenie addon called HG Echo Bridge this automatically finds your x10 devices configured in HG and allows Alexa control of them.
I've not been able to test this build with other pi boards so if you have a different Pi board and wish to test 2.0 PM and I'll set you up with a link.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: What is the Pi X10Hub?
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »

So I've been using Alexa with X10 for some time now utilizing the HA-Bridge program.
I moved to the HG Echo Bridge addon for HomeGenie and like magic all my Alexa sorry can find device responses are gone. I had just assumed Amazon improved things until I made a trip to my off grid place that still utilizes the HA-Bridge. (CZB)
 I setup a whole section on the X10 forums dedicated to the Pi X10 Hub and the software included. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?board=165.0
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: 1 [2]

succession-resounding