Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thank You Tuicemen for the invite! Im def a noob and need guidance.  (Read 808 times)

freeze

• Helpful Rating: 0

I have had x10 cameras half of them not even opened from a kit I purchased a while back. Went to try and get them running again and found out they sold and the software wasnt supported anymore, and as we know its not a loss the vanguard was horrible and it used about 80% of my processor all the time. I need to set up about 6 cameras , i have the cameras a CM19A USB module, VR36A (for composite) and a tilt and pan base which worked great last time i used it with a modification to the CM19A antenna. I need to start from the beginning, I cant get around windows 7 64 not letting me install the correct drivers for the CM19A, it keeps telling me the firecracker drivers it loads are better. Ive tried renaming the drivers i need to the ones it uses and it still wont work. Any help is much appreciated.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com

You need to disable Windows updates for USB devices.
I don't remember the exact way of doing that but a Google search should locate it for you.
I also know the info in in this forum I believe it might be in a thread on using a USB modem.
What video adaptor are you using?
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

freeze

ok i will look that up with the updates, i was hoping to just use the software to view through my pc, signal comes from CM19A usb module . My video adapter or card is a ATI Radeon RX470 4GB if thats what you mean. thanks in advance

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com

The cm19 only does the switching of cameras and controls the Pan & tilt. The video signal is different and requires a VR36A or simular device which then sends out your video and sound via RCA cable to a video capture card.
Most users used a VA12A or VA13 the VA11A will not work with a newer Windows PC then XP
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

freeze

geeze i feel like a idiot, it has been many moons ago since i operated this and it indeed was on windows XP and i did find the VA11A in my cable drawer. looks like i am going to put that old pentium 3ghz single core machine back in service with  a fresh install of XP. :-\
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding