Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: RF and X10  (Read 523 times)

Richard

• Helpful Rating: 0
RF and X10
« on: April 15, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Can someone explain to me how the RF is supposed to work with X10. I have a CM15A, AHP and a TM751. Despite also having a Smarthome SignaLinc Repeater 4826A I still have problems getting from one phase to the other. I also tried passive coupling. The problem comes and goes, I suspect due to line noise.

I thought what I needed to do was send a command over RF from the CM15A to the TM751 which would then transmit it on the other phase. I created a macro that did that. Looking at the AHP log shows a "Transmit RF J2 Off" "Receive J2..." and "Receive J Off..." and J2 turns Off. The problem is that it still works when I unplug the TM751 so the CM15A must be sending the message over the wiring as well as over RF and then no logging it.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Richard

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: RF and X10
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:38:50 PM »

Your attempting to bridge the phases with RF which is possible but not the best solution.
A phase coupler would be the better option.
However if using the cm15 and TM751 you need to be sure the TM751 is configured in AHP as such.
The CM15 sees both RF and PLC  and will convert RF to PLC for any house code it is set to transceive.
If the TM571 is configured correctly in AHP and the settings are uploaded to the Cm15 it will not transceive that House code. Alternately you can set it to transceive specific house codes but those setttings will only take affect if the settings are uploaded.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

Brian H

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: RF and X10
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:34:30 PM »

Jeff has some great troubleshooting tutorials. That may help you.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding