Tuicemens

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Way to get a SmartMacro to send Gmail with attachment ?  (Read 1414 times)

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
Re: Way to get a SmartMacro to send Gmail with attachment ?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 06:20:50 AM »

What I did was update the ActiveHome Pro folder to have Full Control of Users, then I went into the program without starting it as Administrator and saved the configuration into a new file.  Then I updated the Ahp exe so that it was checked as "Run As Administrator" in the Comparability tab, then clicked on the exe to run it (dont have to right click now) and it opened the new configuration file, and everything was there.

However, the arguments to the Execute Windows program still do not save correctly.  It only shows "/s /from" (there are no quotes in the field, just used them here to clarify) instead of the whole list of arguments.  Not sure why that is still happening.

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 06:38:22 AM »

It appears the part of the argument string is where the first " character is.  In some places I know you can use a single quote within a string of text surrounded by ", so maybe that would work.

So rather than:
/s /from "blah blah blah" /sub "Subject"

This would work instead:
"/s /from 'blah blah blah' /sub 'Subject'"

Other option is to put the stuff into a batch file then have the smart macro call the batch file but that seems more kludgy.

I am going to try both approaches.

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 06:51:03 AM »

I went with the batch file.  It works.

Strange thing is I was cutting and pasting the arguments string from somewhere I saved it off into the argument line - and there it had " chars in it.

If I just try and type a " into the argument line nothing happens - so it looks like its stripping those out or something weird.

Anyway, looks like the batch file will work and I wont have to update the command every time I have to re-start AHP.

One last issue I am trying to fix - there is a delay between the time the sensor triggers the macro, the camera gets selected, and the video recording starts.  Just a few seconds but in one case its enough so I miss the start of the action that triggered the sensor.    Think I have to play around with the sensor locations.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »

I went with the batch file.  It works.

Anyway, looks like the batch file will work and I wont have to update the command every time I have to re-start AHP.

One last issue I am trying to fix - there is a delay between the time the sensor triggers the macro, the camera gets selected, and the video recording starts.  Just a few seconds but in one case its enough so I miss the start of the action that triggered the sensor.    Think I have to play around with the sensor locations.
a batch file will slow things up some what as well usually in the windows command arguments
if it was long you  needed to enclose it in quotes "" if not it never got sent correctly.
I also found sensor location also was key to get the first part of the motion you wished to capture.
I moved to IP cameras once my va12a failed and they were no longer available.
Also IP cameras are better at this as the sensor is build in as is the software to capture.
 (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 08:20:13 AM »

Do you use x10 ip cameras?  Are there any you would recommend?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »

I do have some X10 IP cameras in use.
I particularly like thex10 HD cameras but I wouldn't recommend them as all of mine have one or more issues which I have yet to work out.
Authinx still uses the same manufacture x10WTI did and they have the mentality better is cheaper.
I do like the old Foss cameras but not played with anything new.
Your best to look at one of the camera forums for recommendations.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: 1 [2]

succession-resounding