Tuicemens

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dimming Issues  (Read 2037 times)

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
Re: Dimming Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 01:33:20 AM »

I've been very busy the last 24 or so hours. So I haven't had a chance to update. I didn't see the new device handler texts in the zip file. I assume that's why I am still getting a full turn off of my lamp when I request a dim option. I also kept getting the tcp listener fail issue. Uninstalling Alexa10 fixed it. So it may have been an incorrect setting. But I only use GH and prefer not to use Java, so uninstalling Alexa10 was in my plans. So at this point everything working well except the dim issue.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 08:23:46 AM »

What X10 interface are you running(cm15, cm19, cm11 or something else)?
In the new SmartCloud data folder it contains a folder "New X10 Device handlers" (IT IS NOT ZIPPPED)
this folder includes all the reworked device handlers.
stop Smart cloud with taskmanager then go into the Data folder and rename the CloudSettings.xml file prior to updating. Once updated start SmartCloud this will load it with no settings so you'll need to re-enter your info.
You can get your old settings from the renamed CloudSettings.xml file.
In the "Send What Prior To Dim" drop down select "Bright 100%"
I don't thing the other options will work for you. You may wish to also double check settings in the SmartThings web site. You'll at least wish to update the devices handlers for Dimming.
Make sure your devices are set to use the correct device handlers as well.
 (Chr)

Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 01:27:25 PM »

Thanks yet again for the quick reply.  I am using the Cm15A. The RF commands are working. ~:0~ I looked again in the data folder and don't see the new handlers. I will try installing again. I have only tried the "send 100 percent brighten" command option or mode in SC. So maybe my issue is because I don't yet have the new handlers. Also I noticed that my AHP is lagging again. I am only using PCC, AHP and smart cloud. Is there anything else that could be causing my AHP to lock up when running smartcloud?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:26:31 AM by sniickers »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »

I'm not sure why the data/new device handlers folder would be empty ::) :`)
I'll attach the text files here
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 05:46:51 PM »

I split this topic to address the AHP stopping issue.
new topic is located here:
http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?topic=1276.0
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »

I have only tried the send 100 percent brighten command. So maybe my issue is because I don't yet have the new handlers.
I don't know how I missed that.
You can't send a bright command only dim. The device handler does recognize a brighten command.
Telling Google to set light to 100 % is the same as saying dim 100%
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »

I've been working out issues with the AHP lock up and looking at dim issues as well.
I believe I have the lockups solved but SmartCloud seems to be repeating the dim command for some reason that I've yet to nail down. (cB)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 03:22:35 AM »

Hopefully this helps. So I investigated more into commands AHP received from SC. I turned my lamp off, I requested to brighten the lamp 50 percent, AHP receives the command to come on and brighten to 10 percent brightness then dim 10 percent but the lamp stays on at 10 percent. Regardless what percent I request, it only comes on and brighten to 10 percent. Now if I give a dim command, AHP recieves a req to turn off. If I request brighten to any percent while the lamp is on, AHP receives commands to brighten then dim both by 10 percent. So nothing happens. All of this happens while using the "Send brighten 100 percent" setting or mode in SC.

Now if I use the "Do nothing" setting or mode in SC.....if I request brighten of any percent AHP receives the command to come on and then brighten to 10 percent then dim 10 percent but the lamp stays  on at 100 percent. If I request any dim commands AHP receives the command to turn off the module and it turns off the device. Both the brighten and dim request actions are the same with the "Send off" setting or mode in SC.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:29:06 AM by sniickers »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 08:27:59 AM »

I had to change the way the diming works do to how SmartThings sees Alexa/Google/Cortana calls.
With the latest test build there are options to send an OFF/Brighten 100% or Nothing Prior to setting the dim value.
If you use off or brighten prior then the dim values are not stacked
So if you say dim 10% then Dim 10% again the light stays at 10 % brightness but if you say Dim10% then Dim 20 % the light should go to 20% brightness
You have to now say the value you wish the Light to be dimmed to. (the lower the value the brighter the light is)
SmartThings doesn't recognize brighten commands(at least I haven't found a way yet)
it also doesn't remember the last value like HA-Bridge does :(

Sending nothing prior to sending the dim command should keep dimming down but if you dim to off the light is still on so sending a on will not work nor would sending another dim.
I've not played with that option much as if you have AHP up and running it depends on how the lamp module is configured in it. As settings in it can override sends as they are uploaded to the cm15.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:06:34 AM by Tuicemen »
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »

Ok I've had a chance to test the send nothing prior to dim
Both with a non soft start and soft start module Both configured in AHP and not.
this mode will stack dims and dim down to the lowest possible for that module/light combination.
However the module still thinks it is on even if the dims you sent totals 100% or greater so sending a on has no affect. You must send a Off prior to turning the light back on or dimming it to a value.
The Status of the lamp displaying in AHP displays full brightness no mater what dim level is sent to the device. However the light does dim the AHP activity monitor does show the correct dim values being sent. I'm just not sure why AHP doesn't display correctly and that's not something I'm able to look into. :(

There are a number of things that can affect how the dim works (module type(soft start or none), if configured in AHP and uploaded to the CM15 or not, if you send something prior to the dim via SC, if you have another software using the SDK running)

I've also tested from the SmartThings (smartphone) App with success while visually monitoring the test light.

I'm not happy with the send Off prior to dim option using any module
Even using AHP this way sending a bright with a softstart doesn't work the way I'd expect :(
But I'll leave that option as is for now.

I've been testing this with Cortana as my Google mini is not in my office.
There should be no difference except maybe with accuracy of voice commands.
Several times I found SC turning on the wrong lamp other then my test lamp till I renamed it.
I had Alex10 setup to announce commands sent other wise I may still be pulling hair.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

succession-resounding