Tuicemens

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HA Bridge will not load  (Read 4231 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: HA Bridge will not load
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »

you will only see devices in HA-Bridge that you add from Alex10 or manually add in HA-Bridge.

I'm not sure what you mean by adding devices manually in Alex10 in the program or in its settings xml file.

Adding devices to its xml will only display them in Alex10 as Alex10 send device info to the HA-Bridge when you create them in Alex10.
you can add devices in HA-Bridge either in the program or by editing the data file but you risk corrupting the data file if you edit it.
As for Alexa not seeing devices this is a common problem and not just for HA-Bridge.
I think it may be an amazon server issue, but there are several issues posted on the HA-Bridge GitHub pages for Alexa not seeing devices.
I myself have had Alexa stop seeing devices only to start seeing them a while later with out me doing anything, even running  HA-Bridge from my PI I've experienced this.
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

joefran

• Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

Also deleted all java rules and allowed acess on start up

Still no devices

Joe

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »

I suggest posting the issue on GitHub as the issue is either HA-Bridge or the Alexa server.
If you have skills that are working it is most likely ha-bridge and a setting in it.
there is a link to GitHub at the top of HA-Bridge  "help/readme" then open issues in the page that displays
 Be sure your running the latest version of HA-Bridge prior to posting.

There is likely a setting in the bridge control screen that is incorrect. I believe the "UPNP address" needs to be that of what the machine that HA-Bridge is running on not localhost or 127.0.0.1 although others have no issue there. Also others have reported web server IP address needs to be 0.0.0.0 unless you have changed it that should be what it is.
As well near the bottom check the "emulate hub version" is set to 9999999999 and the "UPNP send delay" is at 650 if the number is to high Alexa may be timing out before the first device full info is sent.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:14:14 PM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: 1 [2]