Tuicemens

Advanced search  

News:

The New X10 WIFI Module is now available!
                   ~:0~*****Here's the link******~:0~

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: WM100 (X10 Wi-Fi module) review  (Read 77 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 25
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
WM100 (X10 Wi-Fi module) review
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »

I promised not to publish a review of this till the Module and App were released so here goes.
This is a rock solid device. `:)
although it does have some limitations signal strength both WI-FI and PLC are far better then anything developed by X10 WTI.
I managed to convince Authinx of the need for this to be firmware upgradable and when you receive one you'll notice a firmware upgrade required right out of the box.
The hardware is top notch the software needs a lot of work but relatively no bugs   `:)
Currently.
Your limited to 32 devices but they can be any of the 256 x10 addresses.
Your also limited to 32 scenes but I feel few will ever require that many.
Your also limited to a 15 character limit for device & room  names which some have stated is to short.
The limit for Scenes is longer at 20 characters however it won't save if longer then 15 :o ::).
Currently you can only use one WM100 with the app  (cB) however I expect that to be fixed in the next update.
timers and dusk dawn options are available for each device as well as an offset of 30 mins plus or minus.

Timers do not show up till you have configured and saved the device which is a bit confusing as you need to save it then re-enter the setup of the device for the timers to display.

Setup of the device is very fast and easy the manual includes some helpful info but is not needed for setup the app walks you through it nicely.
 (Chr)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:57:31 AM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
Re: WM100 (X10 Wi-Fi module) review
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »

So this replaced the x10 USB interface I have now, with the added bonus of being wifi connected with an Android app?  And if there is an Alexa and / or Google Home skill created it will interface with those too?

Does that mean with this setup I would not need a pic running with Active home Pro 24 / 7 anymore so I can use Active phone Pro app?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »

Actually this isn't a replacement for the CM15A or AHP (yet)
You can not use the Active phone app with the WM100 it has its own app which can be found in the app stores by searching for "X10 WIFI".
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:51:50 AM »

Authinx has stated an Alexa App is what the developer will be looking at next followed by Google.  `:)
No time frame was given. :(
If you have macros configured in your cm15 which require the PC to be on then you will still require your PC to be on 24/7 or atleast when you wish those to run.
The WM100 has no RF ability that I'm aware of, it certainly isn't configured in the firmware.
The WM100 also has no macro functions what so ever (yet). but I'm hopeful will see some in the next app update( I'm not sure if a firmware upgrade will be required for that too).
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:05:18 AM »

Since this is a new module there are bound to be issues which pop up.
My forum isn't the place to report them or even try to work around them (if that is possible)
I did setup a X10WIFI section in the X10 forums for discussion of the module and app.
General
Help & Trouble shooting
X10 WIFI App problems or bugs
Please look through those sections to see if your issue has been reported and or resolved.
If you find a post relevant where the unit was replace you can point support to that thread and it may mean a quicker replacement for you.
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding