Tuicemens

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: SmartCloud setup issue  (Read 2241 times)

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
Re: SmartCloud setup issue
« on: December 28, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »

I just ran thru the install using the tutorial and info you emailed me.  I have the SmartThings page set up, and a few devices added and they show up in my Google Home app.  I can tell my Google Home mini to "Turn on the Kitchen Light" and it says Sure Thing but the light did not turn on.  I can still turn it on and off with Alexa (via Alex10).  I responded to your email too.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: Re: SmartCloud setup issue
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 08:22:30 PM »

OK found the issue it was in your install. I edited the tutorial to clarify install locations.
I'll see if I can change the install folders in the installer to avoid this in the future.
I also emailed you with the correct location and how to fix with out a reinstall. (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

soxfan1966

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:37:32 AM »

That worked :)  I have a few lights up and running now with both Alexa (via Alex10) and Google Home Mini (via SmartCloud).

I saw there was another set of info on using IFTTT to allow dimming / brightening and I have not tried that yet.  I will add the rest of my lights to the SmartCloud setup and try them all out to make sure nothing is amiss.

I am not sure if in my setup I need to run both Alex10 and SmartCloud, but since it works the way I have it I am going to leave it that way for now.

Thanks so much :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »

It is possible to run SmartCloud in standalone mode even with it installed in the Alex10 folder
 (Chr)
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
  • Helpful Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »

Wow my head is throbbing. So I got everything going. I got the device handlers setup, all devices added, my Google assistant was able to add my devices. Just like above, when I give a command, Google acknowledges it and states it will do. But to no avail nothing happens. Can I get some help please.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:47:06 PM by sniickers »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »

Can you confirm SmartCloud is running?
There should be an Icon in the system tray.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »

Thanks again for the quick response. I checked over everything many times. And then I finally noticed I never saved the port forward in my router settings. (CZB) Now everything is working perfectly. ~:0~ And I am using the standalone option from Alex10. Saved my computer plenty of resources. I do however have one request. Will there ever be an option to send RF signals instead of PLC? I have a lot of area covered by my X10 units. I have to setup macros to send out my requests by RF once triggered through smartcloud. Thanks again for all you do Tuicemen. Will have to send you some more donations.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 07:30:42 AM »

I had not planned on adding RF to the stand a lone and only thought about adding things for the PCC version.
I'll play with some Ideas It may require a different device handler or me to atleast modify the existing ones.
If you used it with a cm19 or cm17 all the commands would be sent RF anyways.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

sniickers

• Forum Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »

Good afternoon! I do have a cm19 laying around somewhere, but I use the cm15a for my controls. I think because it is able to receive security module codes, like door sensors. My system is running pretty good using a macro to send a rf command once the trigger is recv from my GH. But it would be nice to clean up my AH interface. Macros and triggers galore. :-\ Thanks again for all the help Tuicemen. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 07:48:27 AM »

Good afternoon! I do have a cm19 laying around somewhere, but I use the cm15a for my controls. I think because it is able to receive security module codes, like door sensors. My system is running pretty good using a macro to send a rf command once the trigger is recv from my GH. But it would be nice to clean up my AH interface. Macros and triggers galore. :-\ Thanks again for all the help Tuicemen.
Actually the Cm19 will also see security signals.
The SDK does allow some security signals to be seen however it isn't reliable enough to add that to anything like SmartCloud :(
Once you have SmartCloud setup and Google Home can see your modules you can designate some HA options to SmartThings and or Google Home thus cleaning up the  AH interface. ;>
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Doc62

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 12:11:26 PM »

Hi,
I’am running Alex10 v1.5.5.2 with HAB turned off & Smartcloud v1.0.2.8 as ‘StandAloneApp’.
My USB CM15Pro is connected via a ‘Belkin Network USB Hub’.
My problem is that when I ‘Restart’ the PC(Win.XP), I get a ‘End Program – SmartCloud.exe’ for which I have to ‘End Now’.
Before this error the CM15Pro is disconnected by the Belkin software.
I also had this happen when using v1.0.2.1

Regards

Doc62

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »

Hi,
I’ve possibly found another issue…
Before trying SmartClound, my PC ran AHP (open), Alex10 and HAB. Now I’ve been converted to SmartCloud, it running AHP (open), Alex10 and SmartCloud.

When I start SmartCloud running, I’m able to open & close AHP v3.0.0.310 with no problems. But once SmartCloud has executed a command from Alexa for Goggle Home, I can no longer open AHP. It partially shows in the Task Bar but with no window and there it stays, until I ‘End Process’ it. Once I ‘End Process’ SmartCloud.exe, AHP opens fine.

Regards

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »

Alex10 and Smartcloud were built to be used with the newer AHP since your using the European version that is 3.3.16  the older AHP may be running a different driver version as well.

try updating to the newest AHP to be sure drivers are the newest available.
Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!

Doc62

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »

I may have misled you with the version no. which was taken from the .exe. The version from the AHP About is 3.318, the version registered to yourself, tuicemen. I was using a European AHP, but change when I started using Alex10 and needed the SDK.

A little more info, as I’d been using SmartCloud, when I went to start AHP, it hung as described above. This time I ‘End Process’ SmartCloud and AHP then continued to load as normal.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

Seems to me I remember seeing this issue on my developement PC which I was sure the current version fixed
I notice your running XP as well.
I suspect this may be the issue although I believe I did rebuild with a net framework compatible with XP.

Since I'm at my summer residents now it may be a while before i get a chance to dig into this.

If I remember it was something to do with not letting go of x0nets.
Since your running Alex10 try running it for Alex10 his way it isn't using X10nets just Alex10  and AHP are.

Members Only Section!

The forum is for that!
Pages: [1] 2