Tuicemens

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: E-Control X10 House Code A Configuration  (Read 478 times)

OldX10er

• Helpful Rating: 0
E-Control X10 House Code A Configuration
« on: December 16, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »

I've created an e-Control Remote Control for X10 House Code A, Units 1-16 with dimming by learning from an X10 Powerhouse HR12A.  I attempted to share it to the e-Control cloud but after the "Data Compressing..." message I got a message saying "Failed to Share".  Any ideas on what is wrong?  After getting the e-Control/Broadlink RM Pro working with my X10 devices I'd like to share the configuration.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
Re: E-Control X10 House Code A Configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

Did you log in to econtrol prior to downloading?
Have you tried sending feed back from the econtrol app?
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

OldX10er

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »

Yes to both.  I was logged in and I've sent feedback.  I've also emailed the e-Control developer directly (androidbroadlink@gmail.com).  I've also emailed about a related problem:  When I select the Cloud Share option, I get a large list of RC Configurations that includes my current ones and all of the ones I've deleted.
Other than these issues, e-Control is working well with my X10 system.  I learned the full House Code A set from a CM11 and I've added several timers that used to be on my now defunct CM15A and they are working great.  I got this all working on my Android phone and then shared it with my Fire tablet which is now the main controller.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:48:21 AM by OldX10er »

OldX10er

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 02:36:21 PM »

Problems again.  The last time I had a problem using Smartthings - RM Bridge Switch Cloud - Alexa I found that my ISP had changed my IP address.  Once I changed that in the RM Bridge Switch Cloud device handler I was back in business.  My current problem is that I was using an old Amazon Fire 7 tablet to run my RM Bridge and the tablet died.  I had another one so I just installed the RM Bridge app and updated my router's port forwarding for the new tablet IP address but that didn't work.  I can no longer use Alexa to control anything through the Broadlink RM Pro.  I thought this would be a simple fix but I can't find any reason why the new tablet didn't solve my problem.  Anybody have any suggestions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 03:38:30 PM »

I'm not sure why your using the SmartThings route for you Broadlink.
HA-Bridge will send info to the Broadlink now. This can be run on virtually any OS.
Since you use the Smartthings and the RM Bridge you must edit your codes to reflect the new local IP of the bridge and not just change port forwarding.

You maybe able to go into your router and reserve the IP of your new firestick so it is using what the old one used. That may save you editing all your codes.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:10:25 AM by Tuicemen »
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!
Pages: [1]

succession-resounding