Tuicemens

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lights dimming to off  (Read 3364 times)

Paizano

• Helpful Rating: 0
Re: Lights dimming to off
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »

Sorry for the lack of information about setup. I am using Winxp, Ahp activated with a couple addons and the CM15a with antenna mod from years back, 4.5.6 bridge, and the latest alex10 from the download tab. A few weird things are happening and as i try to recreate them i notice that other things happen or dont happen. The main thing i guess is when i ask alexa to turn on a light, it usually turns on then shuts down, or at least i thought that. But if i look at the alexa app on my phone it shows the light turning on then the dimming bar goes down to usually 8%. Now all of a sudden when i turn on the light from the app or alexa, and watch it in the ahp program I see the light switch turn on but the slider for brightness stays off. If i then slide the slider in ahp it does not brighten, but does move to the top with a full green. To fix in ahp I have to turn it off and then back on, and light works again, until I ask for a command from alexa or the app. Earlier i posted that in the bridge it was working, but that has stopped now too.
One other thing i noticed is in the ahp history for the module it will show f8 on and then sometimes but not always it shows a ext code 3e 1e I think.

Thanks
Paiz

Paizano

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:16 AM »

One other quick note which could be important. I am using the new echo plus that was just released with the built in hub. The only reason i say this is because I was originally trying to use econtrol and rm tasker and could never get the alexa to discover devices. I tried for many days, after reseaching on google. I came across others that have had their system working this way and then switched to the new echo and they also cannot get discovery to work now. My discovery works with rm pro and IHC, but not econtrol. So maybe the hub in echo is sending something weird and causing my lights to act crazy.

Maybe this has nothing to do with it, but I just wanted to point it out.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Rating: 26
  • Making Home Automation Fun!
    • Tuicemen.com
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »

Ah yes. I've  seen posts on the bridge issue board about  the echo plus. There is a beta biild accessable to the public for version 5 of the bridge there are some statis display issues with Alex10 bit it only affects that part on Alex10.
You may wish to participate in the RC testing to see if this fixes your issue. (Chr)
Get the inside scoop and member perks in the
Members Only Section!

Please don't email me Automation questions 
The forum is for that!

DKBIALIK

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »

I found when the dimming happens (and it has periodically) delete the jar file and do a reinstall.  I am running this on Win7.
Pages: 1 [2]